This module extends hydrology beyond the Rational Method of simply measuring peaks and for hydraulics uses the full St Venant equation.
Dynamic Drainage looks at the use of detention basins in storm-water management to reduce peak flows that damage property and the environment.
Basin elevation-area curves are extracted from the design tin and outlet structures are created from a mix of culverts, weirs and orifices.
The transition from a Rational Method based design to 12d Model Dynamic Drainage Analysis is extremely quick. The new method uses all of the same tools 12d Model drainage designers are familiar with.
12d Dynamic Drainage is a particularly useful tool for highway designers, road authorities, construction companies and developers.
- 100% integration with civil design
- Storm-water basin design
- Integrates with 12d’s Visualisation! (note: Visualisation is a separate module)
- Inlet capacities, bypass flow, dynamic pit loss calculation (Ku/Kw)
- Graphical results showing elevations, flows, velocity & other hydraulic parameters
- Includes Australian (AR&R including ILSAX) & NZ SCS hydrology methods
- Uses all the terms of the St Venant equations
- Customisable & region specific outputs