Roads & Highways
Super Alignment - Roads, Highways, Rail, Canals...
The increased attribute functionality of 12d Model over other design products results in comprehensive solutions for your design requirements.
12d's Super Alignments are no exception. Super Alignments provide the tools to carry out a full range of civil work, from:
- Basic roads to multi lanes highways
- Canal and waterway design
- Or any other form of alignment creation needs.
Super Alignments combine all the functionality of basic strings and alignments with additional functions for optimising your solutions.
Super alignments allow for varying X, Y and Z vertices, each having with text and variable attribute information.
They can be created with Intersection Point (IP) or element methodology, and computators to make the design dynamically linked to adjoining features, or alignments.
Detailed Alignment Design
The Detailed Alignment Design product was developed to provide design capability and string modifier operations to allow interactive design of the most complex civil situations.
The modifiers include:
- Modifying design cross-fall, road width and string height between chainages
- Projecting the cross-fall between two existing strings
- Widening out to an existing string
- Creating cross sections at user specified chainages
- Modifying the height and/or offset of the hinge string (allows easy design of roads with offset crown).
There is separate kerb return functionality. Utilise the full subdivision solution with 12d's ‘Create Roads’.